Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Getting Our Financial Lives in Order

I've always considered myself to be a very responsible and diligent person when it comes to money and finances.  Sometimes the pressure of paying bills on time, monitoring my credit, saving, investing, and planning for the future can get quite overwhelming and frustrating because I want to make sure I'm making the right move at the right time.

A couple of years ago, I was shopping online at The Limited and clicked on a link for LearnVest.com. I believe at the time I've discovered them, the company was just getting started.  LearnVest was started by young woman who wanted to empower women everywhere to take control of their personal finances so that they can afford their dreams. The website offers information, tools, advice, and support for women seeking to "earn well, save well, and spend well."






Since discovering LearnVest.com, I participated in four financial LV Bootcamp Programs (They've recently added a few more.  I will definitely check them out.).  Their Investment bootcamp  really helped me make sense of the confusing world of stocks, mutual funds, and overall investing.




My husband and I were even able to speak directly to an LV Financial Advisor about our current financial situation, buying a new home, and whether to rent or sell our current home.  The advise and support we received was very helpful and encouraging.  Mom and I both have benefited from taking advantage of the LV-Approved Accounts recommendations.

I highly recommend women of all ages who are seeking to "get their financial life together" to check out LearnVest.com.  The tools are so helpful and easy to use and understand.  The daily emails are informative and the monthly "to-do" lists keeps you on track and on task. MyLearnVest allows you personalize your financial picture to assist in progressing towards your goals.




And for all of the working professional mothers, like myself, who have a whole 'nother layer(s) of responsibility in managing personal, family, kids and their financial needs and future, there is LV Moms!  I LOVE IT!!!

I could go on and on about the many helpful tools and information available, so go check it for yourself.  From checking and savings accounts to home ownership to retirement and investing, LearnVest.com is excellent resource and guide to a richer life.









Latifah
(LV member since 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment