Saturday, September 10, 2011

Opening the Flood Gates

Just days before Latifah brought the blogging idea to me, I was telling my sister that we, I, need something to help me break through the heavy-hearted feelings our family has endured in the last month.  The loss of my big brother signaled the beginning of a life without the people with my closest DNA.  Not that this situation is unique to my family, but it was just another jarring wave along with all the other waves constantly rushing over me during this time in my life.  In the mist of this loss, my husband became seriously ill, and although he is doing better, his illness brought a stark reality to light - the possible beginning of the end game.


So when the "idea woman," Latifah, announced that we were going to start a mother/daughter/sister blog, I thought this would be something new and different for me.  It would be something completely outside of my normal mode of operation and at the same time could possibly be the therapeutic rejuvenation I much needed.


So here I am, attempting to open the flood gates of my life that have been chained and locked for so long.  Yet, I must stay true to myself and test the waters before jumping in this vast sea.  I have a ball with these two nutty daughters of mine.  They have two different personalities, but can be so much alike sometimes - especially when it comes to trying to rule my life.  And I'm not having that!


We have done some joint projects together in the past that were always successful, with the most valuable "take away" always being the time we spend together; the laughs, the spats, and the final result of a collaboration of our individual talents.


I clearly remember every detail of both pregnancies, births, and the rearing of these two extraordinary women.  But during all that time, I never knew I was raising dear friends who would openly include me in their lives as a valued voice.


So here we go on another one of our joint ventures.  Hopefully, the waters won't get too deep before I learn how, and more importantly, gain the desire to swim.


- Lois

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, ladies! I wish you the best with this new adventure. I am sure this will be a blessing to you and your readers.

    Take care,
    Lori Stephens

    ReplyDelete