Monday, September 5, 2011

Welcome to Our World


     For all our differences and life changes, one thing remains constant – the impenetrable bond as mothers, daughters, and sisters.  Through trials, tribulations, joys, and celebration, we have always sought to strengthen our relationship.  It is this determination that allows us to heal and recover from pain, heartache, disappointment, and failure.  It is this desire that amplifies every pleasure, joy, fulfillment, and success.  It is because of this bond we are even able to approach our issues – the good, the bad, and the ugly.

With a story as unique and special as the roles we play, we are three distinctly different individuals – flawed and fabulous in our own special way.

Who we are...

Lois (mother and friend) – According to me, I’m levelheaded and responsible.  Throughout my life, I’ve always chosen what’s better for all and not always just myself.  I have a natural instinct for learning and adapting. Being a mother has been my greatest challenge and joy.  Having daughters that are also my friends and “cheerleaders” is an added BONUS!!!

Let them tell it, I’m crazy and dramatic.  But they will also say, I am a constant source of support and validation.  I listen without judgment and advise without condemnation.  My voice, sometimes quiet, is their source of strength and bravery.


Latifah (oldest daughter, big sister, and friend) – According to me, I’m sensible, grounded, and focused (the "Brainiac" of the crew).  I’ve juggled work, school, kids, and family responsibilities so long, sometimes I don’t know how to “not do anything.”  I am a lover of life and a professional human being – perpetually “under construction.” 

Let them tell it, I’m bossy and a know-it-all.  But they will also say, I am the glue that pulls us together when we drift too far apart.  I am the driving force that pushes us forward and reminds us there is always room to grow.  My voice penetrates through all of our madness in an effort to restore sanity.


Ilyasin (youngest daughter, baby sister, and friend) – According to me, I’m fun, quirky and engaging. A bit indecisive, though I like to call it versatile, in my career aspirations. I can do so many things its sometimes hard to settle on just ONE thing. I often voice my opinion and I don’t usually back down from a fight. I fight hard, but I love even harder. 

Let them tell it, I’m flaky and a bit unstable.  But they will also say, I am always “the life of the party.” I am the creative vein and constant energy source throughout our relationships.  My voice oftentimes speaks for us all. 

Mothers... Daughters... Sisters... Friends... We continue to grow and evolve in our relationship as individuals and as a family.

Lois, Latifah, and Ilyasin

4 comments:

  1. I love the name Flawed and Fabulous it is indicative of who we are as women- May Allah bless this forum with truth shared, hurts healed and relationships renewed and restored
    Peace and Blessings
    Delicia "Imani Nia"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing a lot about your new blog, It sounds like It's going to be really interesting.I can't wait for the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such prolific writing, your introduction really struck a cord in my heart. Really looking forward to following you gals story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to reading this. Good luck to you all.

    ReplyDelete